Procedure for applying & disbursement for assistance:
- The society is a public charitable institution with the primary objective of providing financial assistance to poor patients reporting for treatment.
- The consultant caring for the patient fills up a form (annexure- A), which is made available at society’s office in office hours. Care is taken while filling and signing the form, as anyone found to be furnishing false information is debarred from availing of the fund (for their patients) for one year.
- The patient (or a responsible relative, if he/she is not in a position to go personally) comes to the society office between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview and socioeconomic rating by the society manager, who also gives clinical, demographic scoring based on the information furnished in form A.
- The patient should produce document of his poverty as a proof in support his/her claimed (as stated in no.1 &2). It should be either Below Poverty Ration Card, Income Certificate issue by Tehsildar/S.D.M./ D.M., Income & Poverty Certificate issued by his Gram Pradhan/Ward Member/ Pay-slip etc.
- With the funds available, the society shall abide by maximum ceilings of Rs. 30,000=00 at present for one patient in one financial year. However, the ceiling amount would be changed at appropriate time as and when the society gets more funds
- If the patient does not meet any exclusion criteria, the manager issues a cheque towards that patient’s SGPGI account on the same date. The application is disposed off within 2 days.
- Decision of the society is final and last.